Televisa triumphs with a digital action generated by its audience
The Mexican broadcast group, Televisa, has been able to understand new viewers behaviours, who want to be part of the creative process of launching or promoting new spaces in television. According to the new viewers behaviour, we had created along with Televisa the launch and promotion of the soap opera: 'The Double Life of Estela Carrillo'.
The campaign was a success , beacuse the viewers wanted to be involved in digital actions carried out by media and producers. This digital action, has proved that involve the viewers with the broadcast networks through video elaboration content and its subsequent dissemination through their social profiles.
Why a digital action of UGC Video is so successful in the media?
In the following months video content on the Internet will raise 10% and it will be the format with more activity and interaction generated in the network. So by the end of 2017, the 80% of Internet traffic will be online video and 70% will be UGC Video, it means, created by the viewers themselves. To connect with your audience through a UGC Video get a 15% off and connect with your audience.
And within this 70% are most of the viewers who are considered as multiplatform and almost half of them, is viewing content on their mobile device while they are watching content on television. So one of the most cost-effective ways to connect with this audience is through UGC Video campaigns, which are characterized by the following attributes:
- Closeness between the media and their viewers: The content is the most powerful tool that media have to establish long lasting relationships with their target. But this type of content is useless if the audience is not invited to feel part of it, and help to create new content to be involved with. This type of actions bring the media closer to viewers and gains credibility and closeness.
- Unique experiences: Digital platforms, Video content, television à la carte… the Internet users can access to a large number of content linked to a media or producer, which should awake emotions and unique feelings in the viewers, otherwise will be forgotten among thousands of contents that day by day are stored in the Internet without being seen.
- Sense of belonging: Viewers don’t just want to sit on their couch to watch series or TV programs, they want to feel they are part of it and comment with their friends and family. That´s why the multiplatform actions allow the media involve audiences and their content is the main role (even in a digital way).
- Improve digital engagement: as we said before, the majority of the viewers move in a fully digitized world, so if your media or production company generates digital actions that invite you to participate, you will improve your audience engagement.
- Increasing the audience: Televisa has been able to enjoy these attributes since they have had elements for the television soap opera called “La Doble Vida de Estela Carrillo”. A musical contest was launched to find who could be the voice for the soap opera’s soundtrack. This action gave opportunity to thousands of Mexicans viewers who showed their musical talent and at the same time, allowed Televisa to have an authentic, dynamic and natural content for future promotions, their social networks and its web site. Through this action, Televisa was able to make its audience participate in a new television format and invited viewers to vote for their favorite singer, opening up to target other age groups.
Video content is becoming more powerful and has more importance in digital areas. Televisa recieved more than 350 participant videos, more than 110,000 views on their website and more than 12,000 votes in only 4 weeks.
Televisa relied on our technology to connect with its audience and was able to monetize this action at all time thanks to the implementation of its advertising adserver in display and pre / post-roll formats within the participating videos. This can influence in a direct way as it counts with a multi platform advertising product and transmedia completely new and innovative.